Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Sample Diploma Thesis –Research Proposal
Transcript of Sample Diploma Thesis –Research Proposal
Major: Intercultural Management and Leadership Mikhail Sverdlov | IML2010
SMT Class, Vienna 2011 Working title Integration of the Computer Software complex in the project on cataloging of Jewish cemeteries in the CIS Initial situation Development and analysis of technical specifications - increase the speed and quality procedures for adding new information;
- exclusion errors in registration of documents;
- acceleration of searching information;
- expedited procedure information retrieval;
- enabling reporting on the results of some samples;
- clear deadlines and performance updates, directories of services; This information system is designed to achieve the following goals: «I will give them, in My House and within My walls, a monument and a name better than sons or daughters.
I will give them an everlasting name which shall not perish»
Isaiah 56:5 Many people whose relatives buried in these cemeteries are now scattered all over the world: it is Israel, the United States, Canada, Australia, Germany and many other countries. Most of them simply do not keep information about where exactly are their relatives. And so far no one has answered this question. - develop a methodology cataloging graves on the territory of CIS
- integration program for maintaining and accounting directories graves with the ability to synchronize with a number of archival projects, and the Web site of the project
- create a web resource for the project which supports online store
- integration of payment system PayPal, to provide support for overseas payments via credit cards The project should complete the following tasks: In addition, during the analysis I was faced with a problem that now method of storing a huge amount of documents are very inconvenient. This leads to problems of finding relevant information and reporting documentation, as well as difficult access to this information externally. To eliminate these problems I will implement integrated circuit design for cataloging, searching, and integration of all available information.
By automated recording and processing information on graves I’ll can provide convenient access to it from anywhere in the world, with search and reservation services in real time and, consequently, the resolution of all assigned tasks. The database should store all data necessary for work, have a good navigation system and a fairly simple interface. For work with the information system for the database - the user of the system must possess skills to work in an environment OS Windows, study guide, as well as have a basic level of Internet user. Introduction
1. Development and analysis of technical specifications
1.1 Description of subject area
1.2 Development of technical specifications
1.3 Requirements for the information system
1.4 Analysis of technical specifications
1.5 Election of the ways and means to fulfill the terms of reference
1.6 Feasibility Study
2. Model system to interact with the user
3. Development Process Model
4. Building a Data Model
4.1 Application of database modeling. Application of CASE-tools
4.2 Develop a data model
Appendix A Preliminary structure of diploma thesis Kiitos huomiota! Determination of the savings from the implementation of information system To determine the projected savings compare two versions of the project:
- work without the information system;
- work with information systems.
Table 1.1 Time spent on processing information - adding new information;
- search for necessary information (for example, when the employee must undergo routine calibration);
- formation of various reports. Stages that make up the processing of information: We consider that in the year 249 working days (1986 hours). Users of the system will be experts of the project. Wage data of employees is $503.07 per month.
Annual saving of wages by using information system will be $19 868.213 per year.
In today's world there is no such system, and the project is unique. Need to develop an information system is obvious. Now in by “Le Dor Va Dor” project and its partner sites collected about 350.000 graves photo. This amout by September 2011 should be tripled to about one million. Importance of developing In the first stage of designing the system we should to determine the model of information storage. There are three basic models:
relational. Requirements analysis Information stored in the information system must be protected from damage and intentional destruction of a system for authenticating users.
Need to develop user-friendly interface that allows for the possibility of minimize user errors at work (to provide an input mask, control of input data, error handlers, etc.).
Choice of system architecture Due to the fact that information system implies the existence of multiple jobs to make the database (the database) on the server and provide shared access to data. There are several types of database architectures:
- architecture "file-server";
- architecture client-server ";
- architecture "application-server" (multi-tier architecture).
System requirements According to Jewish tradition, the cemetery as a sacred place can never be disturbed. Thousands of Jewish graves today no longer visited and are not protected. They are in corrupt condition - their destruction continues. Neglect, urbanization, vandalism, theft and inept attempts to restore the threatened permanently erase what is often the only surviving source of knowledge about the Jewish community of pre-war period. Without immediate intervention, many of them may finally disappear.