Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Alexander Mackenzie Project
Transcript of Alexander Mackenzie Project
By Molly Y.
Date of Birth and Death
Alexander Mackenzie was born in Stornoway, United Kingdom the year of 1764.
Alexander Mackenzie sadly passed away in a roadside inn on March 12th, 1820, in Scotland, United Kingdom, due to Bright's disease.
Alexander Mackenzie departed on a second expedition on the peace river: he traversed the Rocky Mountains and came down the Fraser and Bella Coola rivers to the pacific in 1793.
How Many voyages did he Make?
In all, Alexander Mackenzie made 2 voyages.
Alexander Mackenzie went from lake Athabasca (Northern Alberta) to Great Slave Lake using the slave river. After crossing Great Slave Lake he followed what is now known as the Mackenzie River towards the Beaufort Sea in 1789.
After his Explorations
After his explorations, Alexander returned to Upper Canada and got elected there. Then he left Canada and went back to Scotland to settle down, get married and start a family. Then he passed away on March 12, 1820, in Scotland, United Kingdom, from Bright's disease.