Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Quantum numbers
There are four quantum numbers
spin quantum number
magnetic quantum number
orbital quantum number
Principle quantum number
this has to do with energy and goes from : n=1,2,3,.....
as guessed has to do with orbits, and subshells, and angular momentum
the effects of magnetic fields come in to play here, it also gives the quantized direction of angular momentum
m = -l,...-2,-1,0,1,2...l
fine structure effect we call spin up and spin down
= +1/2 , - 1/2
How many directions could it be pointing?
What is the angular momentum for this state?
What values of quantum numbers are available if l = 2?