Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Diction Prezi
Low or Informal Contains Language that creates an elevated tone
No Colloquialisms Uses standard language and vocabulary
without elaborate words and may include
some contractions. The language of everyday use.
It is relaxed and conversational. Slang-refers to a group of recently coined words
often used in informal situations. Slang words
typically come and go; passing in and out of
Colloquialisms- nonstandard, often regional, ways
of using language. For example, "Y'all" or "Cah"
Jargon-words or expressions characteristic of a
particular trade. For example, "home run,"
"stealing bases," "pitcher's mound," "4-6-3
Double play" are all jargon for baseball players. Dialect-nonstandard subgroup of language with
its own vocabulary and grammatical features.
Connotation-suggested meaning of a word or phrase.
The feeling associated with a word.
Denotation-dictionary definition of a word. Write a poem that uses diction in some way.
Do not come right out and say who you are or
where you are from.
Use some different type of diction and include at
least SIX different words/examples.