Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of hvdc
S. A. Chervonnyy Introduction
HVDC - high-voltage, direct current AC bus Transformer Converter Control system Smoothing
reactor DC Filter DC Transmission HVDC components Conclusion
DC transmission has many more advantages, such as stability and controlled emergency support.
In near future this technology probably will be develop very intensive. Origins DC versus AC 1. Lower cost of power line
2. Long distance water crossing
3. Lower losses
4. Asynchronous connection
5. Controllability of active power
6. Converter stations at each end of a power line 4. Asynchronous connection 5. Controllability of active power but
The disadvantages of HVDC are in conversion, switching, control, availability and maintenance.
5. maintenance Plan Origins
DC vs AC HVDC electric power transmission system uses direct current for the bulk transmission of electrical power, in contrast with the more common alternating current systems. I t Idc In 1882 was demonstrated the first long-distance HVDC transmission (Miesbach-Munich) - 2.5 kW
the 2nd of 19th century - Battle of the Currents between Thomas Edison (DC) vs Nikola Tesla (AC)
In 1954 commissioned the first commercially operating scheme with mercury arc valves - 20MW, 100kV
In 1997 was started to appear Voltage-Source Converter
Nikola Tesla (AC) Thomas Edison (DC) Rene Thury THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION! 1. Back-to-back
2. Point-to-Point Overhead Line
3. Point-to-Point Submarine Cable
underwater or underground
HVDC scheme types