Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
media in the online age -music industry
Transcript of media in the online age -music industry
changed the music
industry? Key developments -
1982 - CDs made commercially avialable
2001 - Itunes available on MACS
2003 - itunes available on windows
2004 - UK official download chart was launched
2005 - digital sales were included in US charts
2006 - estimated 5 billion songs were swapped on peer-to-peer websites
2006 - 509 million were purchased online
digital music sales now generate around $2 billion in revenue
free illegal downloads
can share music
can make own content and share online Audience cons
No control over explicit content
loose all music if computer breaks
could be charged with piracy if caught Companies - pros
more revenue from legal downloads
can become more well known
gives artist a platform to make their music known Companies - cons
loose money due to piracy