Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Literary Elements - 2001 A Space Odyssey
Transcript of The Literary Elements - 2001 A Space Odyssey
This book takes place in a futuristic era. Some examples of this are :
1) " Frank Poole would be the first of all men to reach Saturn"
2)"Messages could come and go along the invisible beam that lengthened 2 million miles each day."
3)" There was not a human being whithin half a billion miles"
This book takes place in space past the asteroid belt as it is a science fiction book
1) But they had not yet finished with Jupiter
2) Until it was time to rendezvous with Saturn
3) Bowman also listened to mission controls’ apologia
Title: 2001 - A Space Odyssey
Author : Aurthur C. Clarke
Genre : Science Fiction.
Date Published : 1968
David's biggest confllict is that he is alone and doesn't like it. In space, he is fine with everything else but the silence but silence is what he has in space
David's biggest external challenge is that he has to comple his mission through space which lies billions of miles away on the distant planet of Saturn with no way of returning
David Bowman - calm
Throughout the book it is shown that David Bowman is calm
When he is faced with unsaid major conflict he doesn't panic he remains calm and thinks out the problem.
In the process entering a new area of Space he waits for orders before reacting.
When there is a problem with the ship he knows the right procedure and follows it though without error
The theme of this book is : When everything bad is thrown at you, you get
two choices give up, or find a way.
Point of view
This book is written in 3rd person omniscient point of view. The main character's name is Astronaut David Bowman
David Bowman - Persistent
Why is this book good - Concept
Why is this book good - Action (Style)
Who would enjoy this book?
I thought that the concept of this book
was very interesting. From previous slides you know that this book was
written in 1968. It is talking about 2001. Since we know about 2001 it is amazing to see how the author thought that we as a race would advance so rapidly
David Bowman is persistent in
finding his way to survive after unsaid main conflict .
1) David continues his mission when all odds are against him
2) He continually argues with HAL over control after time and time of refusal
3) David trains hard and does not give up on his space dreams.
The action and quick decisions made by the characters in this book make this book interesting
Readers who would enjoy action and Science Fiction should definitely read this book. Admitted the beginning is a little boring but stick with it and you won't regret