Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Pre-European New Zealand
Transcript of Pre-European New Zealand
but it is thought to be between 950 – 1130AD
Settlers established tribes around the East Coast of New Zealand, which had a warmer environment. They were the first to introduce rats and dogs into New Zealand.
New Zealand was home to many flightless birds,
including the Moa and Kiwi The Moa was hunted for food and is now extinct.
The early way of life for Maori was much different than the way we now live...
Maori used bones to hunt and build huts. There technology was very limited, there was no roads, power or schools; Children were taught about their culture and environment from their elders.