Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Corpus Callosum
a. Communication Between Brain Hemispheres.
b. Eye Movement.
c. Maintaining the Balance of Awakening and Attention.
d. Solid Targeting. Agenisis of the Corpus Callosum When the Corpus Callosum is damaged or missing, it is called Agenisis of the Corpus Callosum. Some major clues to tell if someone has ACC are... a. Inability to connect images seen.
b. Clumsiness is common ACC is usually not fatal ACC is rare, only occuring in about 4,000 people. More about ACC There is no complete treatment for ACC. ACC is more common in men, 3,000 out of 4,000 people are men. ACC can be discovered anywhere from before birth to scientific examination after death. Symptoms of ACC 1) High Tolerance for Pain
2) Delay in walking, talking, etc.
3) Motor Skills are difficult
4) Very Gullible Fun Facts 1) It is only found in mammals, not in other vertebrates such as birds, reptiles, etc.
2) The Corpus Callosum is larger in musicians as opposed to non-musicians.
3) Kim Peek, the inspiration behind the movie Rain Man, was missing a Corpus Callosum. Stats The average area of the Corpus Callosum is 6-8 inches squared. There are 200-250 million fibers in the Corpus Callosum. It is the largest single structure in the brain. More Facts The Corpus Callosum is white matter. It is also known as the Colossal Commisure. The first study of the Corpus Callosum, in 1906, suggests that people with a larger Corpus Callosum have exceptional intelligence, but this was later proved wrong. Parts of the Corpus Callosum The rear of the Corpus Callosum is called the Splenium. The front of the Corpus Callosum is called the Genu. Between the Splenium and the Genu is called the Truncas (the body) of the Corpus Callosum. The part between the Splenium and the Truncas is thinned, and called the isthmus. THE END CORPUS CALLOSUM