Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Eroge or Erotic Gaming Presentation
Transcript of Eroge or Erotic Gaming Presentation
Erotic Gaming - The Tip of the Iceberg
By: Celeste Birzgalis
INT D - 225
Why is this significant?
- It shows one of the main differences between North American culture and Japanese culture
- It allows for the possibility to explore a topic most people are not open towards or know little about
- Starts a dialogue that is important because human sexuality is natural and there will always be concerns about how it is portrayed
History of Eroge
Japanese video games with sexual and erotic content in the game play.
Also known as:
- Eroga (EROtic GAmes)
- H or Hentai Games
- Created by Koei
- First Japanese commercial erotic computer game
- Released for the PC-8801 computer
It may not be quite what you think
The game included features such as:
- a section on sex position possibilities
- black and white outlines illustrating these positions
- a schedule to help determine a woman's period
An example of mentioned diagrams
The future of Erotic Games?
What: The "world's first erotic virtual adventure game" is currently in production called Wicked Paradise
Who: Jeroen Van den Bosch and his startup studio
Why: Because he believes well crafted, explicit erotic games are something the video game industry is missing and has a demand for
“I was always fascinated by the fact that we have hundreds of beautifully crafted shooter games but not a single well designed erotic video game.”
"The non-explicit sex scenes in Mass Effect are much more erotic than current available explicit adult video games. This is because you care about the characters in Mass Effect."
- Jeroen Van den Bosch
Key things an erotic video game needs?
- A thought out story
- Convincing graphics for settings and non-playable characters
- Emotional involvement or intrigue regarding the non-playable characters
The Oculus Rift
- An "upcoming high field of view (FOV), low-latency, consumer-priced virtual reality (VR) head-mounted display (HMD)"
- Developed by Oculus VR
- Founded by Palmer Luckey and the co-founders of Scaleform
"One of the biggest questions I had before we started on this journey was: “Can a virtual woman inside a virtual world actually make you genuinely horny?” Well, I’m happy to let you know that the answer to that question is “yes”!"
- Jeroen Van den Bosch
Oculus Rift VR Headset
Paved the way for Bishojo (pretty girl/gal games) and Boys Love games
Erotic Video Games in the West
(Westward Ho or The White Man Came)
There is no set gameplay for an eroge, and it is simply identified by the erotic content
Started in the 1980s
Before they became mainstream, Enix, Square and Nihon Falcom also released erotic adult games for the PC-8801 computer in the early 1980s
It started when Japanese companies entered the microcomputer industry to compete with the North America computer market, leading to systems such as:
- Sharp X1
- Fujitsu FM-7
Some 1982 Mystique/Playaround Erotic Games for Atari 2600:
- Bachelor/Bachelorette Party (same gameplay as Breakout)
- Burning Desires/Jungle Fever
- Knight on the Town/Lady in Wading
- Cathouse Blues/Gigolo
Western Erotic Game Controversy:
- Offended many people, (espically with Custard including Native American groups, Women's Rights groups and parents in general)
- Was accused by some as leading to the many gang rapes of many Native women around the time of its release
- Cover art was out in the open for all to see and didn't seem to worry to much about young eyes seeing it
Eastern Erotic Game Controversy:
- Couldn't find a lot... I will get back to you on it
To Heart (1997 from Leaf) is one of the most famous and trendsetting games for Eroge (visual novel format), and the music was so popular that it was released throughout Japan in Karaoke machines. It was later adapted for the Playstation, but only after removing all adults content.
1992's Dōkyūsei (from Elf) lead to the creation of the Love Simulation genre, because before anything erotic happens, the player has to win the affections of one of female characters, making it comparable to an interactive romance novel
Games double ended
Doushin - Same Heart
Enzai: Falsely Accused
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
Kana: Little Sister
Phantom of Inferno
Street Racing Syndicate
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude
Some Newer Japanese Eroge:
Some Newer North American Erotic Games:
An Interesting Series I Found
There are also many online erotic games that have lower quality and require one to sign up for a website before playing and are even formatted to be pay as you play
Nintendo Power Glove