Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
A TRACER STUDY ON THE GRADUATES OF COLLEGE OF ARTS AND
Transcript of A TRACER STUDY ON THE GRADUATES OF COLLEGE OF ARTS AND
SCIENCES, UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHEASTERNPHILIPPINES
FROM SCHOOL YEAR 2008- 2009 TO 2012-2013
Graduate Tracer Study (GTS)
Statement of the Problem
Significance of the Study
Definition and Terms
is the follow up of graduates of higher education or institutes. Its aim is to evaluate ones progress up to the time he or she gets a job. This study assesses the availability and quality of graduates.
College of Arts and Sciences
refers to the college where the graduate’s finished their degree.
refer to the respondents of the study who graduated in the S. Y. 2008-2013.
University of Southeastern Philippines
refers to the institution in the study.
Scope and Delimitation of the Study
The USeP-CAS graduates batch 2008-2009 and 2012-2013 are the respondents of this study focusing on the five undergraduate courses and three graduate courses offered which is
Objectives of the Study
to determine whether or not the graduates’ specific works assigned are related to their field of study,
to determine the employment/unemployment rate of USEP graduates,
to ascertain the reasons of graduates unemployment ,
to determined the lenght of waiting time before graduate get employed,
to discover the reason for graduate staying on the job,
to find out if the graduates obtained their first employment,
to demonstrate success of education and training relating to the graduates and employment,
to indicate possible deficit in a given educational program
1. What is the response rate of the graduates from academic year 2008-2009 to 2012-2013 as classified to their courses and year graduated?
2. What post baccalaureate activities do USeP-CAS graduates engaged as classified according to their course and school year graduated in terms of:
2.1. Graduates Studies; and
2.2 . Additional Degree Studies /Training Programs?
3. What are the employment characteristics of the USeP-CAS graduates as classified according to their course and school year graduated in terms of:
3.1. Employment status?
3.2. First job after college?
3.3. First job related to their course?
3.4. Tools in finding first job?
3.5. Length of job search?
3.6. Present position?
3.7. Nature of job/business?
3.8. The interval of time landing in their first job after college?
3.9. The relevant of the curriculum to the job?
3.10. Place/Area of work?
3.11. The reason of changing or staying on the job?
4. At what extend to the graduates agree to the overall experience at University of Southeastern Philippines particularly at the College of Arts and Sciences?
5. At what extent do graduates feel that they have gain as result of USEP-CAS education?
6. What are the suggestion and recommendation of the College of Arts and Sciences graduates in the University of Southeastern Philippines concerning about the changes needed to improve the competitive edge of USeP- CAS graduates in the field of training?
To the Alumni.
The study will provide new idea to the alumni of USEP with regards to their employability readiness.
To the USeP-CAS Administrative officials.
The study will be significant basis for initiating and implementing improvement plans its academic curriculum, as it will provide information about the graduate chosen career.
To the Faculty.
This will help the teachers to upgrade the standards by continuously uplifting the minds of the student to be competitive, excel in their respective areas of specialization by cultivating and advancing academically skilled student who will take active participation in the globally competitive world for service and international development acquired in the university.
To the Parents.
The will serve as parents' guide in encouraging and motivating their college children to be serious in what their field they have chosen.
To the Students.
The study will serve as their motivation to study harder in pursuing their goals to become successful graduates by their chosen field.
To the Future Researchers.
This study will serve as reference to the researcher for their future studies.
• Bachelor of Science in Statistics
• Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
• Bachelor of Science in Biology
• Bachelor of Arts in English
• Bachelor of Arts in Literature
• Master of Science in Applied Mathematics
• Master of Science in Biology
• Master of English in Applied Linguistic
Source of Data
There are 1124 graduates were produced by the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Southeastern Philippines since Academic year 2008-2009 until 2012-2013.
Review of Related Literature and Studies
Since no complete list of home of office address of the respondents, the graduates are track down thru referral from faculty members, friends and family of respondents, thru Yearbook information, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr accounts and other social networking accounts that can reach the awareness of the respondents who is available. This sampling technique referred to as “Convenience Sampling”.
Study Gathering Instruments
To attain the purpose of this study, the researcher adopts a survey questionnaire constructed by Commission on Higher Education (CHED), which used in similar study. The questionnaire was reorganized and customized to fit the purpose of the study conducted.
Data Gathering Procedure
The researcher addressed letters to the Registrar’s office for the master list of all graduates of the College of Arts and Sciences at University of Southeastern Philippines, to the Vestige (Yearbook) office in case of disapproval of the said request to the Registrar’s office for the list of all graduates candidate and to the CAS-Dean’s office for the approval of the graduate tracer study.
In this study, the result was generated by using statistic tool the descriptive statistics through percentage and frequency count method. The number of observations falling in particular class is called the class frequency and the percentage is dividing the frequency to the total number of all respondents and then multiplied by 100.
Roy A. Anayoc
Tracer studies constitute one form of empirical study to appropriately evaluate the outcome of the tertiary education sector.
According to Harold Schomburg, tracer study is defined as study to trace graduates of higher education institute. “Graduate Surveys”, “Alumni Researches”, “Graduate career tracking” or “Follow-up Study” is other term for it.