Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Memrise Beyond the Classroom: Student Use of Memrise for Studying Curriculum Vocabulary
Transcript of Memrise Beyond the Classroom: Student Use of Memrise for Studying Curriculum Vocabulary
Will students make use of an online application in a voluntary blended learning scenario?
What does it all mean?
In a Blended Learning Classroom
Measuring Student Use of
What is Memrise
“Blended learning is a formal education program in which a student learns at least in part through online delivery of content and instruction with some element of student control over time, place, path, and/or pace and at least in part at a supervised brick-and-mortar location away from home.” Staker & Horn, 2012
And why use it in this study?
Why use it?
An indication of use
To what extent?
Can this be measured?
Thank you for your consideration
Action Research: N = 21
Behavioral Data: Collected from application
Questionnaire: Tech use and study habits
Focus group: Participant impressions
N = 21
N = 6
N = 5
N = 10
1. Do you have access to an internet connected computer in your home?
17 (85%) 3 (15%)
2. Do you use an internet connected computer outside of your home?
‘Yes’ to either item 1 or 2
3. How many hours per week do you use a computer? (Mean, SD, Mode)
3.13 2.64 1.5 - 2
4. How many hours per week do you study with a computer?
2.73 2.19 2.5 - 4
5. How many hours per week do you study language with a computer?
1.68 2.6 .5 - 1
6. How many hours per week do you study language outside of class?
1.3 1.49 .5 - 1
Positive: Good challenge
Negative: Poor layout