Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Ariel Brodeur and Cheyanna Fuller
Transcript of Ariel Brodeur and Cheyanna Fuller
"-and in doing so we increase the chances of human lives and those of deer crossing one another in the worst possible way" ("Forget alligators snakes and bears- the most dangerous animal in all of America is the humble DEER, with cows and horses not far behind.
The most dangerous animal to humans in
North America is the white tail deer.
In 1994, these predator deer
had a banner year, causing
211 human deaths in car wrecks" (Bailey)
Deer can also carry deer ticks which transmit Lyme disease to over 13000 people each year (Bailey).
"The U.S. Department of Transportation estimates that white tailed deer kill around 130 Americans each year simply by car accidents"(Bailey).
Researchers estimate that prior to the arrival of European settlers, white tailed deer numbered between 23 and 34 million ( Bailey).
There are about 1.5 million deer/vehicle collisions that are annual, showing that human injuries and etc. cost more than $1 billion in insurance claims in addition of the toll of death.