Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Stop searching in the dark. Start finding in the light.
Transcript of Stop searching in the dark. Start finding in the light.
in the dark.
in the light!
Hi, can you help me find stuff?
Common troubles / mistakes
I feel a disturbance in the search...
- These are not the documents you're
- Can we easily expand our searches?
- What about Richt Text Documents?
- Why did we wrote all this, when we could
use a Open Source solution?
Let's talk Solr / Solarium!
Let's search and sort relevance
Moar! Moar! Moar!
I need a search solution, but my site isn't big enough for a real search engine.
I'll write my own.
Collections, I need collections!
What could I use instead?
Hi, my name is Solr!
- Open source search platform,
based on Apache Lucene
- Powerful full-text search,
- (Hit) highlighting,
- Faceted search,
- Rich document (e.g., Word, PDF)
- REST-like HTTP/XML and JSON
- Active community
And much more...
Hi, my name is Solarium!
- Supports all basic and most
of Solr's more extended functionality.
- Such as:
- Hit highlighting
- Load balancing
Hi, my name is Nutch!
- Highly extensible and Scalable.
- Two actively codebases.
- Active community.
- Based on Apache Hadoop or
Gora (abstracted) data storage
- Works with Solr or Elasticsearch,
- Rich Text searches, using Apache
Hi, my name is Elasticsearch
- Also based on Apache Lucene
- RESTful JSON API
- Distributed, therefore, high availability
- Gaining insights, such as real time
analytics and data insight
- Schema free
- Active community as well
- They have a cool bonsai tree on their
- Make sure you have java v1.6 or greater
- wget http://ftp.nluug.nl/internet/apache/lucene/solr/4.4.0/solr-4.4.0.tgz
- cd solr-4.4.0/example/
- java -jar start.jar
- Browse to http://localhost:8983/solr
- No worries, solr comes with example
configuration files !
Now lets add stuff!
Let's retrieve stuff!
- Install Solarium using Composer
- Create a config.php and
configure your connection
These are the documents
I was searching for!
- Your search solution is now
scalable, extendable !
- No difficulties or headaches about
how it works!
- Native support for Rich Text
Documents! (Apache Tika).
- Focus on presenting your results!
Developer @ SIMgroep
1 of the 3 founders of 010PHP