Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Roaring 20s
Transcript of The Roaring 20s
of government, one without reforms. President Harding promised to give this to the citizens in his presidency. 3) The 1920's brought an increase in the opinions, interest, support, of communism. Economic Changes 1) The nation's wealth more than doubled
between 1920 and 1929. Social Changes 2) Americans adopted a higher standard of living and became more of a consumer society. They began to do things like go to movies, drive cars, and use electricity. 3) In the 1920's wages rose for most Americans and
prices fell, allowing people to buy more. Thesis: The 1920's were referred to as "roaring" because
of the huge changes in American society, politics, and the economy. Women • They wore their hair shorter
• They wore different clothing [shorter]
• They where more independent
• There young were braking away form the old rules
• The Flappers': image consisted of drastic - to some, shocking - changes in women's clothing and hair.
Nearly every article of clothing was trimmed down and lightened in order to make movement easier.
• Some schools started to open there doors/ degree for women
• The right to vote
• Single women there was a huge increase in employment Amelia Earhart was a good example of the
new kind of women. She wore her hair short,pants, and
was an solo pilot. Music • There was a different style of music.
• African Americans were getting known for there music skill.
• Jazz influences a lot of the society= Jazz poetry, fashion, and
industry were effected by the "basement" music that took the
United States by storm. Jazz music also exacerbated the racial
tensions in the post war period.
It grew into middle class white population. The Federal Bureau of Investigation that was sponsored by Palmer and run by J. Edgar Hoover, they went in people house with out warrants , jailed labor leaders and held 5,000 citizens without giving the right of a legal counsel.