Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
John Nash Presentation
Transcript of John Nash Presentation
June 13, 1928
solved the Fermat Equation Princeton
Red tennis shoes
Drawings on windows Game Theory best strategy based on the other players' strategies Applied to Real Life 1960s
Predict the "Game of Life"
All players striving for best outcome
The Stock Exchange
International Trade Obsessed with developing an original idea "Classes will dull your mind, destroy the potential for authentic creativity."
- John Nash References http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gLU8FodgoQw/TWautbWNWBI/AAAAAAAABD0/1GmU10RQjH8/s1600/writing%2Bon%2Bwall.jpeg
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/nash/peopleevents/images/p_jnash1.jpg A Beautiful Mind Schizophrenia Nash Equilibrium 1. The players involved
3. Utility Functions Graduate School All parties agree to take similar action so that they receive equal benefits.
Goal for the Best Outcome John Forbes Nash Jr 1959
20 years of mental institutions
1970 - no more antipsychotic medications “I began arguing with the concept of the voices and ultimately I began rejecting them and deciding not to listen.”
- John Nash Later Life A B
A Beautiful Mind Nobel
1994 Princeton Statistics Look at expected payoffs and past behavior
Decision making based upon previously collected and analyzed data. Contributions in... A Beautiful Mind Game of strategy with friends at Princeton
If he could predict their strategies, he could change the game
Original Idea - 150 years Need to weigh both sides Movie vs. Real Life
aliens vs. angels
homosexual or anti-Semitic tendencies
2001 Academy Awards: Best Picture
Shining testament to his life Statistics
Economics Education Carnegie Mellon University
1948 Bachelor of Science and Masters