Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Little Talks - Of Monsters And Men
Transcript of Little Talks - Of Monsters And Men
- Ragnar órhallsson (vocals, guitar)
- Brynjar Leifsson (guitar)
- Kristján Páll Kristjánsson (bass)
- Árni Gujónsson (keyboards, accordion)
- Arnar Rósenkranz Hilmarsson (drums). About the Song Released in Iceland September 2011. This song is actually about a conversation with a woman and her husband who has died. When we first heard it Maddy: Rachel: A year or so ago in Montreal,
I really liked it!
I associate this song with... Last summer, I liked it too!
I associate this song with happy endings... Absolute Program music :
title provides indication Absolute music :
title tells nothing This song is absolute - title doesn't really explain it "Little Talks" is mentioned Instruments Used - Drums
- Acoustic Guitar
- Electric Guitar
- Computer Edited Sounds ( EX. creaking, water/waves We think they were used to create their usual folk style We would Never change them! ...It wouldn't be the same Instrumental Colour The instruments used give it a very happy, pleasant yet mysterious, sombre emotion... It depends on where you're listening! Melody - The main tune or group of notes in a song What makes this song memorable? - Fast
- loud one second,
quiet the next
- follows the same
pattern through verses
- Happy sounding
- Different from other
- Use of different
instruments than other
artists (trumpet and
accordian) Rhythm Tempo - How fast or slow the piece is. The tempo is about 115 beats per minute! The fast pace adds to the joyful feel Dynamics - The volume levels of music, how soft or loud Some spots are piano, others forte It's loud almost the whole song, then cuts off and goes quiet. The loudness adds to the pleasant emotion but the quiet ones add to the mysterious feeling. Texture How complex a song is... the way the voices and instruments come together and interact. There both types of homophomophonic 1) all voices moving at same time
2) melody and accompaniment There is also monophonic They are effective because they compliment each other and the flow of the song. Harmony - The structure, relationship and progression of chords. Cadence: Any place that feels like an ending point There are two spots in this song that slow down and feel like an ending point -
1) the actual ending
2) a spot towards the end of the song We find this song consonant at it's pleasant, soft sections though somewhat dissonant due to the louder sections. Structure - How the music is built. This song has an introduction, three verses each followed by a chorus (last one repeated) and an ending (also repeated). It follows popular music structure The End Thanks time is.. time is..