Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of communication skills
postures and body orientation
proxemics or personal space
appearance They include sounds like
ahhh, mmmm, welllllll Paralalguistics Rate
Intonation To speak and to speak well are two things. A fool may talk, but a wise man speaks.
Ben Jonson It is impossible to speak in such
a way that you cannot be
Karl Popper, Unended Quest Interpersonal Gap
Rate : speed at which a person speaks.
Volume : loudness or softness of tone.
Pitch is the highness or lowness of vocal tone.
Intonation : is the amount of variety, melody, or inflection in one’s voice. difference between the backgrounds, education, religious beliefs, and history of each party and how clearly each understands the other. Factors that create
these gaps: All of us bring our own assumptions, histories, cultures, and preferences to our interactions.
Intent and impact are always internal to the individual.
Most of us believe our interpretations and treat them as facts. Bridging interpersonal gaps Describing impact.
Acknowledging the other