Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Sociology of Makeup
Transcript of The Sociology of Makeup
How do you perceive makeup on yourself and others?
Overall Research Question:
Written Surveys passed out to Men and Women
Women and Men from the age 15, to 60 and beyond
Who Did we Target?
Responded Well, Not much is known on Feedback
King County Transit
Very Cooperative with great feedback
Some more than happy to take it, plenty of feedback.
others... "just get the hell outta my face" -folklife goer
Didn't take it seriously most of the time,
had a hard time getting them back
Mount Si High School
Uncomfortable and hesitant, not willing to spend the time
Had a hard time getting people to even stop and listen
The easiest to hand out and receive back
Great attitudes and good feedback
Friends and Family
8. What influences your perceptions of makeup?
Media Family Friends Significant Other
8. Do you notice when people don’t wear makeup?
9. If you wear makeup, when did you start wearing makeup?
Before age 10 11-12 13-16 17+
10. How did you learn, or who taught you to wear makeup?
Family Friends Magazines Television Books
11. If you wear makeup, how do you feel when you wear it compared to when you don’t?
12. Do you think women who wear makeup are more attractive?
13. Approximately how much money do you spend on makeup each year?
14. How often do you buy makeup?
15. Does the amount of makeup you wear change based on where your going, what you’re going to do, or who you are going to see?
16. If yes, is it:
Who are you going to see Where you’re going What you’re going to do
1. What is your sex? (Circle what applies)
2. What is your age range? (Circle what applies)
15-18 19-22 23-29 30-39 40-49 50-59
3. Do you wear makeup?
4. If yes, explain why.
5. How do you perceive women that do wear makeup?
6. How do you perceive men that do wear makeup?
7. How do you perceive people that do not wear makeup?
What Does it all Mean?
What does it say about our Society?
Younger Generation vs. Older Generation
Perception of Women that DO wear makeup
Perception of men that DO wear makeup
Perception of people that DONT wear makeup
Diversity between people