Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Elina Magistro
What the Civil Rights Movement Achieved
Schools were made so they weren't segregated.
African-Americans gained the right to vote.
It represented hope for the African-Americans.
Martin Luther King Jr's Death
Martin was assassinated on April 4, 1968 while giving a speech in Mamphis.
His death caused many riots across the country.
Martin Luther King Jr.
Who is Martin?
He was a big leader in the African, American Civil rights movement.
He is very famous for his 'I have a dream' speech.
What Did He Do?
Martin Luther King Jr did many boycotts and speeches, which helped bring racial quality.
For example, in March of 1995, a 15 year old girl refused to give up her bus seat for a white man. Martin looked into this case and started the 'bus boycott' which lasted for 395 days. King was arrested during this, but at the end of the boycott, segregation on buses ended.
Born: January 15, 1929
Died: April 4, 1968
Influenced by: Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln, and Jesus.
He was married to Coretta Scott King.