Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Thursday 1.22.15
Read silently for 15 minutes. Please don't require me to explain the word "silently" again. If you neglected to hand in your reading log yesterday, please do so today. Placing it on your desk and raising your hand will suffice. We do not need to discuss.
Fragments, Run-ons, and Comma Splices
Turn to the back of the packet you received. IN five minutes, correct ALL errors in the story. Look specifically for: fragments, run-ons, and comma splices.
1. Take out your WODs review. The quiz will be tomorrow. It will be very similar in format to this review.
2. I will read draw names to supply answers. Correct your work as we go.
Please turn in your HB narratives
Turn in the HB packet on TOP of the pile. This should ideally include the peer edit completed ABOUT your paper.
Underneath the packet, place one copy of your final draft.
Beneath that, place your rough draft.
While watching the movie of "Harrison Bergeron" (2081) please complete the Venn diagram identifying similarities and differences between the movie and the story.
Consider which of the two versions of the story is better and why.
Really think bout this question. We will discuss when the movie is over.
Social Justice Anticipation Guide
We will now fill out the anticipation guide independently. Keep in mind our lengthy explorations of the concepts of EQUALITY and JUSTICE. How do the ideas we raised in those discussions inform your answers here?
Now, we will use the TABLE FOR... method to share our responses.
Everyone must stand up.
When I say "Question 1, Table for 2" stand with one other person and discuss your answers to question 1
LISTEN CAREFULLY for the signal "3-2-1" and be quiet immediately. I will announce the next number question and "table for." For example, "Question 2, Table for 3." Move to stand with two people WITH WHOM YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY SPOKEN.
And so on and so forth.
IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU RESPOND IMMEDIATELY TO THE 3-2-1! Impress me.