Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Amendment 3: Quartering Troops
Transcript of Amendment 3: Quartering Troops
Why was this amendment proposed?
This amendment was proposed in response to the American Revolutionary War.
What the amendment says:
The third amendment states that citizens can not be forced to house any soldier at any time. (1)
What was the ratification date?
It was ratified on December 15, 1791. (2)
How to remember the 3rd amendment.
The 3rd amendment is the quartering act.
3 quarters is 75 cents.
1775 is the year the American Revolutionary War started.
This amendment was made because of the American Revolutionary War.
How is this amendment used today?
It's not used because there are no wars being fought here in America.