Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
2014 World Cup
Transcript of 2014 World Cup
The Brazilian business model is based on demand but with chronic under-investment and it seems to have reached its limits.
The mega events like these have shown positive short term effects on economy but negative long term results.
The 2014 FIFA World Cup
The winners have been Germany, Italy, Brazil, Spain, France, Argentina, Uruguay and England.
Employment was benefit by mega events but in a short term.
The economic results of these mega events have shown the weakness of the Brazilian economic model.
The positive effect is the consumption generated by tourists but this effect might be offset by a slowdown in other sectors as several logistical infrastructures
The hosting of a major sporting event has not and will not have a major positive impact on Brazil’s economy
It was the second time that Brazil hosted the competition, the first was in 1950.
The two mega events will create more inflation than growth for Brazil.