Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Understanding Abstract Act
Transcript of Understanding Abstract Act
Abstract art includes
* Cubism, Neoplasticism & Abstract Expressionism
An example of early abstract artist is Esphyr Slobodkina born in 1914 in the Siberian town of Chelyabinsk,
* Speciality in oil paintings on gessoed masonite
* Created forms using solid colors, including blue, purple, red, brown, grey, white, & black.
* Used simple shapes so the observer sees the importance of lines. Renata Bernal... Kim MacConnel... Stan Gregory... * Born: Tallahassee, Florida on September 22, 1948.
* Education: University of South Florida thereafter moved to NYC
* Major: Painting
* Studio location: Astoria, Queens & Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
* Early works: Linear, graphic qualities of etchings & lithographs
* Later works: Canvas work included the singular relationship
between mark-making, surface considerations & color, coupled witth the artists' graphic, sensual touch. By: Joshua Wigfall Examples Of Abstract Art... Here Are The Artists I Will Talk About... * Born in Munich, Germany in 1937, then moved to NYC at age 13.
* Attended the Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science & Art in NY.
* Futhered studies at San Francisco Art Institute, Brown Unversity.
* Major: Lithography & etching
* Studied under: Nathan Oliveira.
* Contributions to the field of abstract art: Ink drawing, woodcuts & abstract expressionist paintings using oil paint on canvas. Renata Bernal Stan Gregory Kim MacConnel * Born in Oklahoma City in 1946
* Best known: For his pattern designs painted on furniture (or 3 dimensional canvases).
* Major contribution in early work: Creative force in the Pattern & Decoration movement.
* Major contribution in later work: Since included furniture as his medium he was allowed to shand freely instead of being stretched across a wooden frame.