Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Sergei Prokofiev Presentation
Transcript of Sergei Prokofiev Presentation
Nicolas DeStefano Sergei Sergeyevitch Prokofiev
(Сергей Сергеевич Прокофьев) ... Into the life of Sergei Birth and Death Let us delve... Born April 23, 1891 in Sontsovka (Сонцовка), Ukraine
- Now known as Krasnoe (Красной)
Died March 5, 1953 in Moscow (Москва), Russia (Россия)
- On the same day that Joseph Stalin died. Coincidence? I think not.... Musical Period of Composition Sergei Prokofiev was prominent in the classical period
He was inspired by the works of Haydn and Mozart in his pieces.
More specifically, he is classified under Neoclassicism as a musical genre. Early Education Sergei's mother provided for Sergei Taneyev to hire Reinhold Gliere to privately tutor Sergei Prokofiev in the summer of 1902, when he was 11 years old.
Was recommended for the Saint Petersburg Conservatory (A VERY challenging school) and was accepted in 1904, as a student who was 13 years old!
- Even shared classes with Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
As an additional education, Prokofiev dedicated trips to Paris, London, and America to broaden his view of international music. Musical Experience Internationally, Sergei Diaghilev commissioned Prokofiev to composed certain works for ballet.
- Some works included the Scythian Suite, Chout (The Fool), Le pas d'acier, and the Prodigal Son
- Had to heavily change and revise these pieces because of his lack of experience of composing ballet
Before traveling to America before the Bolshevik Revolution, he was almost recruited by the rebels... Music Specialty & Famous Works Wasn't quite experienced in balet, until he was commissioned by Diaghilev.
Prokofiev had a strong passion for opera
- As seen by his compositions The Gambler, The Fiery Angel, and The Love for Three Oranges.
-- The Love for Three Oranges started in Chicago, but quickly spread to Europe and Russia
Along with The Love for Three Oranges, Prokofiev's most well-known works was the Scythian Suite a composition within Peter and the Wolf. Family Life After traveling to Paris on an educational trip, he met, married, and lived with Carolina Codina.
- She had a stage name of "Lina Llubera"
While married, Prokofiev and Codina had two children, Sviatoslav and Oleg Prokofiev. Always watching. Hope your mind has been expanded today!