Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Body Language
- Improve our lives
-Prevent technology from misinterpreting our body language
-We can learn about our leaders as people
- In the religious sect, body language may be a leading indicator of the position of someone's emotional and spiritual status.
- Both hands raised indicative of someone who is suffering/ desires/needs emotional strength through a tough time
-Hand raising, during worship, is considered an expression of dependence on someone else (a high level of spirituality)
55% communication is NONVERBAL
38% is pitch change in your voice
7% is the actual words spoken
Write words on the pictures that describe them and are portrayed from their body language. . .
Different culture = Different body languag
of the body
Global: Allan Pease
Australian, body expert, author of 15 books, motivational speaker
- Dishonesty often with the left hand because the right side of the brain is the comical, daydream thinking creative side
-Honesty done with the right hand because the left of the brain is the analytical side- pledge of allegiance
The impacts of
body language . . .
-Being able to tell if people are lying
- Tells you about a person
In literature. . .
by Maya Angelou
Cloony the Clown
by Shel Siverstein
I Sing the Body Electric
by Walt Whitman
- body language of humans and animals,
The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals
inspired by body language
These are a few
Let's Listen. . .
Dance is based
off of emotions. . .
- Palm facing outward is a message of witnessing, it's believed the court related, "tell the whole truth, nothing but the truth" originated from this, a message of testimony to statement in message
-When we volunteer/agree to do something
Religious leaders have begun to observe body language of the congregation to remain in tune with their needs/wants/desires
Local: Kristin Freya
from Apple Valley MN, Heart Beat Studios dance teacher and manager
* Men listen with their heads straight, appear to be worse listeners than women who tilt their heads, it appears that way .
-silent movies became popular
-English philosopher, politician and scientist,
Of the Proficience and Advancement of Learning, Divine and Human
Poetry with body language references
Do not read these 2 excerpts
until I tell you!
After we read them, I will ask questions comparing them to the larger class and to your neighbor.
Hope this made you think!