Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Body Language
- Improve our lives
-Prevent technology from misinterpreting our body language
-We can learn about our leaders as people
- In the religious sect, body language may be a leading indicator of the position of someone's emotional and spiritual status.
- Both hands raised indicative of someone who is suffering/ desires/needs emotional strength through a tough time
-Hand raising, during worship, is considered an expression of dependence on someone else (a high level of spirituality)
55% communication is NONVERBAL
38% is pitch change in your voice
7% is the actual words spoken
Write words on the pictures that describe them and are portrayed from their body language. . .
Different culture = Different body languag
of the body
Global: Allan Pease
Australian, body expert, author of 15 books, motivational speaker
- Dishonesty often with the left hand because the right side of the brain is the comical, daydream thinking creative side
-Honesty done with the right hand because the left of the brain is the analytical side- pledge of allegiance
The impacts of
body language . . .
-Being able to tell if people are lying
- Tells you about a person
In literature. . .
by Maya Angelou
Cloony the Clown
by Shel Siverstein
I Sing the Body Electric
by Walt Whitman
- body language of humans and animals,
The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals
inspired by body language
These are a few
Let's Listen. . .
Dance is based
off of emotions. . .
- Palm facing outward is a message of witnessing, it's believed the court related, "tell the whole truth, nothing but the truth" originated from this, a message of testimony to statement in message
-When we volunteer/agree to do something
Religious leaders have begun to observe body language of the congregation to remain in tune with their needs/wants/desires
Local: Kristin Freya
from Apple Valley MN, Heart Beat Studios dance teacher and manager
* Men listen with their heads straight, appear to be worse listeners than women who tilt their heads, it appears that way .
-silent movies became popular
-English philosopher, politician and scientist,
Of the Proficience and Advancement of Learning, Divine and Human
Poetry with body language references
Do not read these 2 excerpts
until I tell you!
After we read them, I will ask questions comparing them to the larger class and to your neighbor.
Hope this made you think!