Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Aviation
What is an aircraft?
Anything that allows man to fly through the air.
Aircraft can be grouped into two categories:
Introduction to Aviation
For most of history, people have dreamed of flying.
Kinds of "Lighter Than Air" Aircraft
But our ability to fly is relatively new.
It has only been in the last 100 years or so that people have mastered flight.
Lighter Than Air
Heavier Than Air
Welcome to the Aviation Merit Badge Clinic
1. Aviation Merit Badge Workbook
2. Pen or Pencil
3. FPG-9 pattern
a. Foam plate
When you see the following symbol on a slide, it's a queue for you to take notes:
Exploring the Atmosphere
Advertising in the sky
Television camera platforms
Kinds of "Heavier Than Air" Aircraft
Deliver mail & packages
Military bombers & fighters
"Smoke jumper" transports & "borate bombers"
Fire fighting & public safety
Jet Engines Continued
Air and burning gas
flow through the engine
and is ejected at a greater
Compressors and turbines
compress the gases
Air is forced across its surface
Control Surface Positions