Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Designing and Delivering Oral and Online Presentations
Transcript of Designing and Delivering Oral and Online Presentations
Step 1 Planning your presentation
Step 2 Writing your presentation
Step 3 Completing your presentation Outline the 4 steps of step 1 Planning your presentation: 1. Analyzing the Situation
2. Gather information
3. Selecting the Right Medium
4. Organizing Your Presentation Step1: Analyzing the situation
-Defining your purpose
-Developing an audience profile
Interested but neutral
Hostile Step 2: Gathering Information Step 3: Select the right Medium
-Technology offers wide range of possibilities
-Planning is key to media selection Step 4: Organizing your Presentation
•Define your main idea
•Limit your scope
•Choose your approach
•Prepare your Outline Step 2 Writing your presentation.
Mention 3 of 6 ways of getting the attention of your audience during your introduction proposed in the book. 1. Unite the audience around a common goal
2. Tell a story
3. Pass around a sample
4. Ask a question
5. State a startling statistic
6. Use humor Step 2 Question 2
Connect the color to the right emotional association.
Assertive, prosperous, envious, relaxed
Peaceful, soothing, tranquil, cool, trusting
Warm, bright, cheerful, enthusiastic 1. Consider sending preview study materials ahead of time
2. Keep your content-and your presentation of it-as simple as possible
3. Ask for feedback frequently
4. Consider the viewing experience from the audience's side
5. Make sure your audience can receive the sort of content you intend to use
6. Allow plenty of time for everyone to get connected and familiar with the screen they're viewing Step 2 Question 3:
Mention 4 of the 6 advices given in the book on how to make and online presentation successful. Step 3 Question1:
mention as much points from the book on how to overcome anxiety as you can!
1 point per correct answer 1. Prepare more material than necessary
3. Think positively
4. Visualize your success
5. Take a few deep breaths
6. Be ready
7. Be comfortable
8. Don't panic
9. Concentrate on your message and your audience, not on yourself
10. Maintain eye contact with friendly audience members
11. Keep going Handling questions responsively:
Prepare for possible questions
Pay attention to body language of the asker of the question
Say the question outloud
Answer the question which is asked
Answer honestly What is the most valuable part of a presentation? Are there any questions from your side?