Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Deaf History Timeline
Transcript of Deaf History Timeline
"Without speech there was no outward sign of intelligence, so Deaf people must not be capable of ideas or language."
"...and those who were born deaf become senseless and incapable of reason."
1690-1880 Martha's Vinyard
"Settled by 200 immigrants from Kent County England...
new residents carried dominant and recessive genes for deafness... birth rate of deafness soared... Everyone signed."
The Great Depression
"Love is Never Silent"
takes place during this era.