Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of MLA Format
MLA Format is the format for citations set by the Modern Language Association. It is the most common way sources are cited.
When using In-text citations, remember:
-The quote/excerpt/paraphrase goes first
-The quote/excerpt/paraphrase should be in quotation marks
-The last name of the author follows
-Last of all, comes the page number
For example: "Shall be lifted nevermore" Poe (263).
What is considered Plagiarism?
*Borrowing, stealing, or buying a paper
*Using another author's work without including a citation
*Hiring someone to write your paper
Russell, Tony, Allen Brizee, and Elizabeth
Angeli. "MLA Formatting and Style Guide." The Purdue OWL. Purdue U Writing Lab, 4 Apr. 2010. Web. 20 July 2010.
*The paper MUST BE typed and printed on white 8.5 x 11 paper
*Double space and use legible, size 12 font
Margins should be 1 in on each side
*Create a header with the page number and your last name in the top right corner 1/2 inch from the top of the page on all pages
What is Work Cited?
Work Cited is a page dedicated to giving authors of a article, book, magazine, or web page credit for the information you gained from them.
How to create a Work Cite Page
-In the upper left-hand corner of the first page, put your name, your professor's name, the class, and the due date.
1) Get a blank page on your current assignment.
2) Change font to Times New Roman and Font size to 12.
3) At the top of that fresh page type Work Cited then center it.
4) Go to your source of information and then open another page on the internet and search Easybib or KnightCite Citation Service.
4) On KnightCite go to the different type of citations on the left side of the screen and select the citation option that matches your information source.
5) Fill in the requirements and select yes for the option "include URL?"
6) Once all requirments are met click "submit"
7) Then your citation will be created.
8) Copy and paste the citation into your work cited page
9) Now you have to make that citation have a hanging indent to do this highlight the citation
10) Right click
11) Select Paragraph...
12) Under "Indention" go to "Special" and select "Hanging"
-Double space after the header and put the title. Do not underline, italicize, or otherwise modify the title. You should type the title in Title Case.
-Double space between the title and the first line of text
What is MLA Format?
Even if you use words from ...
~ E-mail ~Magazine
~TV Show ~Newspaper
By: Chloe Bunn, Julia Cipriani, MacKenzie Bartnik, Sefan Moldovan, and Zackary Xavier Van Den Bosch
-When you reprint diagrams, illustrations, charts of pictures
-Re-use any any media from an electronic device(pictures, audio, video, or other media)
-Copying exact words or a unique phrase
-Using info. you obtained through an interview or conversation (face-to-face, over the phone, or in writing)
Organization of Authors and Spacing
When organizing citations by authors you should always organize it in alphabetical order. Say you have two citations one citation has a author with a "A" the other has a "Z". The citation with the "A" will go first then the citation with the "Z" will go second.
When Spacing the document should be double spaced to do this
1) High lite all word in your document.
2) Right click it
3) Select "Paragraph".
4) Go under "Spacing" go to "At" type in "2"
1) Landingberg, Ramnok. Intro to candy. New Fork: Tiger, 2091. Print.
Landingberg is the last name.Ramnok is the first name. Intro to candy is the title. "New Fork: Tiger" is the of the publisher. 2091 is the date.
2)Author(s). "Title of Article." Title of Periodical Day Month Year: pages. Medium of publication.
Type in the Authors Lastname then First name. Title of article. Then the Periodicals name and day month year. Then the pages "." Medium of publication