Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Magna Carta -- The Great Charter
Transcript of Magna Carta -- The Great Charter
Do Now - October 23, 2015
Explain what we did in yesterday's activity AFTER we sent King John out of the room.
Stuck? Use these questions.
--What did the class decide?
--What demands did we make on King John?
--What is a "charter"? (best guess!)
Explain as much as you can remember.
Follow Up Question #2
Some of our American laws are inspired by the
How does the
affect Americans today?
HABIT OF A SCHOLAR
Pair Share: What materials do we see in these images?
THINGS THAT HAPPENED
AFTER WE SENT THE
Follow Up Question #1
In the activity yesterday, the only
characters were nobles (lords or barons).
Predict why we did NOT have serfs or
knights (or anyone else?) in this activity?
-Collect extra credit shields
SIMILAR EFFECTS OF THE MAGNA CARTA IN HISTORY
Be ready for a class discussion
They are both made of marble, a type of rock.
show that someone
is striving for
in his/her work?
Both of these sculptures demonstrate
Creating a Marble Sculpture
1. What techniques does the artist use to make his sculpture look like his model?
2. How does the artist demonstrate craftsmanship?
Today's Learning Objectives
2. SWBAT explain the
of the Magna Carta and how it
England by collecting at least six pieces of evidence from the informative text "Magna Carta -- The Great Charter".
Unit Essential Question
Europe the most?
Based on the text, summarize main effect of the Magna Carta in one sentence. Explain how it transformed Europe in another sentence.
The main effect of the Magna Carta was that it.....
The Magna Carta transformed England by....
1. SWBAT connect yesterday's experience to the real Magna Carta.
Connecting Yesterday's Experience to the text
Mark everything that showed up on
our class charter
(list of rules for the king)
with an explanation point.
Please clear EVERYTHING off of your desk for the QUIZ!
HABIT OF A SCHOLAR
Please take out something to write with.
King John makes bad choices!!
The nobles write the MAGNA CARTA
Results, things that happen after
of the Magna Carta