Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Author's Purpose - Mrs. Newberry
Transcript of Author's Purpose - Mrs. Newberry
Choose your purpose! BEFORE an author writes something, he/she first has to decide WHY they want to write in the first place.
This is called the AUTHOR'S PURPOSE. P - Persuade
I - Inform
E - Entertain Figuring out the Author's Purpose is as easy as PIE! When an author writes something to PERSUADE you, he/she is trying to change your opinion about something.
Examples of persuasive text include:
- Ads PERSUADE When an author writes something to INFORM you, he/she is trying to teach you information from his/her writing.
Examples of informative text include:
- National Geographic Magazines
- Newspaper Articles
- Nonfiction stories INFORM ENTERTAIN When an author writes something to ENTERTAIN you, he/she is trying to get you to enjoy what you read.
Examples of entertainment text include:
- Fairy tales
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- Captain Underpants
- Dr. Seuss Books