Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Author's Purpose - Mrs. Newberry
Transcript of Author's Purpose - Mrs. Newberry
Choose your purpose! BEFORE an author writes something, he/she first has to decide WHY they want to write in the first place.
This is called the AUTHOR'S PURPOSE. P - Persuade
I - Inform
E - Entertain Figuring out the Author's Purpose is as easy as PIE! When an author writes something to PERSUADE you, he/she is trying to change your opinion about something.
Examples of persuasive text include:
- Ads PERSUADE When an author writes something to INFORM you, he/she is trying to teach you information from his/her writing.
Examples of informative text include:
- National Geographic Magazines
- Newspaper Articles
- Nonfiction stories INFORM ENTERTAIN When an author writes something to ENTERTAIN you, he/she is trying to get you to enjoy what you read.
Examples of entertainment text include:
- Fairy tales
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- Captain Underpants
- Dr. Seuss Books