Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Orientation
(Cameron School of Business; Watson School of Education; and the College of Health and Human Services
May 15 -
College of Arts and Sciences
June 18 -
All Colleges and Schools
August 13 -
All Colleges and Schools
Preparing for Orientation
Register for your mandatory Transfer Student Orientation!
First things first!!
The second page of your acceptance letter contains your
UNCW Student ID
(the number beginning with 850) and your new
UNCW email address
Getting Ready and What to Expect
Yes, Transfer Student Orientation is mandatory, but
here is why you want to be there:
REGISTERING FOR ORIENTATION:
Are you registered?
You've been accepted!
You will use this information to pay your Enrollment Deposit which is the next step in the process of attending UNCW.
Also, don't forget to send us your
(if you are currently enrolled in another college and taking courses this semester).
You will be academically advised and
REGISTER FOR CLASSES
In order to sign up for a
at UNCW you must first be registered for classes.
You will pick up your Student ID.
If you have not done so already, orientation is a great time to submit your Student Health Forms.
Not to mention all of the VALUABLE INFORMATION you need is in ONE place on this day. Take advantage!
Here's the rundown of our Summer Orientation Schedule
Questions about registering??
That's okay, the Transition Programs Office is here to help! They will be able to guide you in the right direction!
JUST CALL 910.962.3089
BRING YOUR DEGREE AUDIT
Your degree audit will show you how your courses have officially transferred to UNCW
To do this log-in to SeaNet click on Student Services
Student Health Record
You must submit your Medical History and Immunization Form to the Student Health Center.
This form can be found in your Teal Ticket.
: Your Military Medical Record is acceptable on the day of orientation or via mail or fax
Questions on where to find this information or why UNCW needs this info?
The staff at the Health Center will be happy to assist you!
turn these forms in
before classes begin
, you will risk your classes being
Upload your own Photo for your ID
To expedite the process of getting your student ID you can upload your own picture through your Teal Ticket.
If you do not complete this step before orientation you will have to do it the day of.
PLACEMENT EXAM INFORMATION
- Some incoming transfer students will need to take the math placement exam
in order to register for classes
- At orientation you will receive an envelope that will have important information,
including whether or not you need to take the placement exam
- Exams are taken
in the morning and will be evaluated before you register for classes.
- If you need to take the
placement exam, you may do so online before orientation day.
- For more information on placement exams, please visit http://uncw.edu/transitions/orientation/placementtransfer.html
Not planning to live on campus??
We have resources available to help you find off-campus housing.
You can view roommate boards, apartment complexes and other very useful info.
Keep in mind transfer students are not guaranteed housing. It is provided on a space available basis.
Submit your FAFSA (free application for federal student aid)
cannot receive a pass until registered
based on number of credit hours
Veterans -- please bring your DD214 or Active Duty ID for your Parking Pass
What to Expect at Orientation
- A light breakfast and lunch are provided, this is a full day of orientation
- Pick up your ID at Auxiliary Services (in Warwick) or take a photo and pick up your ID after advising
- Wear comfortable shoes (there will be a lot of walking)
- Bring a jacket (it gets chilly in the buildings)
- Bring an umbrella (if there is rain in the forecast)
- You will receive information on:
- Financial Aid
- Campus Services & Student Life
- Military and Veteran Services
- Residency for Tuition Purposes
- Campus Tour (optional)
We can't wait to see you at orientation and welcome you to UNCW!
Still have questions??
Give us a call!!
The Transfer Admission Team is here to help!!!
This is important!
Once you submit your enrollment deposit, the Registrar's Office will start working on your official credit evaluation and will have it completed by your orientation date.