Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
PCMA Capital Chapter
Joy Womackon 23 July 2014
Transcript of PCMA Capital Chapter
A Journey Towards Leadership
How Can I Apply for a Board of Directors (Chapter Leader) Position?
There are two ways to be nominated:
1. Self-nominations are accepted, and encouraged!
Fill out and submit the 2015 Board Nomination Form by Monday, August 11, 2014.
2.If you want to nominate a member other than yourself, please complete and send in the 2015 Board Nomination Form by Thursday, July 31, 2014, AND, please ask that person to submit the 2014 Board Application Form along with his/her resume by Monday, August 11, 2014.
What Positions are Open for 2015 Nominations?
President-Elect (1-year term)
Treasurer (1-year term)
Secretary (1-year term)
2 Professional (Planner) Director (2-year term)
1 Supplier Partner Directors (2-year term)
Once Nominated, What Do I Do?
To self-nominate, please fill out the 2015 Board Application Form and return it by COB on Monday, August 11, 2014, along with a resume, photo, and supporting documentation.
To nominate a candidate fill out the 2015 Board Nomination Form by Thursday, July 31, 2014. In addition, the nominee must complete the 2015 Board Application Forum and return it by COB on Monday, August 11, 2014, along with a resume, photo, and any supporting documentation.
All nomination materials should be sent to Pam Valenzuela at firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails are strongly preferred, but if necessary, an application and supporting materials may be faxed to: 703-342-4311.
What are the Criteria and Guidelines for Selecting 2015 Officers & Directors?
"While volunteering on a chapter committee I was able to make connections that led to my next job opportunity."
-Joy Womack, CMP
"I feel like I really started making the most of my membership the day I joined a committee. I became more invested in the chapter, and found it to be a great way to meet people, especially other planners."
-Kirsten Olean, CMP
Have you ever wondered...
Why should I be
a chapter leader?
How do I become
a chapter leader?
How is the
Read on, we have the answers!
What are the Benefits of Being
an Active Chapter Member?
Volunteerism is the key component to the continued success of our chapter and PCMA. Consider the benefits of becoming a chapter leader:
•Personal and professional growth
•Earn points to qualify for the CMP exam, or to re-certify
•Demonstrate your commitment to our industry and continued education
Let's ask some friends about their experiences...
Great, How do I Become
an Active Member?
The more involved you are in PCMA, the more relationships you’ll build. Join one of our dynamic committees:
•Community Services Committee
•Emerging Professionals Committee
•Government Relations Committee
•Professional Development Committee
Want to be even more involved?
Follow the footsteps to learn how to become a chapter leader.
Positions Already Confirmed for 2015:
New officers and directors will serve with the following officers:
• Mary Gallagher, CMP, Citywide Accounts Eastern Region, San Francisco Travel – Current President-Elect, will become the 2015 Capital Chapter President
• Annette Suriani, CMP, Chief Meeting Strategist, AMS Meetings Solutions – Current President, will become 2015 Capital Chapter Immediate Past President
Directors serving the 2nd year of a two-year term:
• Andy Falter, Director, Association Sales, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort - Supplier Director (2014-15)
• Marcus Eng, CMP, Meeting Planner, American Public Transportation Association - Professional Director (2014-15)
• Kim Allison, CAE, CASE, CTA, Associate Director of Sales, Visit Baltimore - Professional Director (2014-15)
1. Each nominee must be a member in good standing.
2. Election to the PCMA Capital Chapter Board of Directors carries with it a responsibility and commitment to attend all scheduled board meetings of which 12 are held each year, as well as the Board Planning Retreat (October or November 2014) and Mid-year Board Retreat (June 2015), at locations determined by the board. Candidates will assume responsibility for all expenses (such as parking, Metro fare, phone calls, faxes) in conjunction with board meeting participation.
3. Each nominee must adhere to the PCMA Principles of Professional Conduct.
The nominating committee will use the following guidelines in determining the slate:
1. Candidate’s prior participation in volunteer leadership:
a. Candidate’s involvement in PCMA Chapter and National activities (committees, working group(s), other)
b. Candidate’s involvement in industry activities
c. Candidate’s involvement in social, civic, charitable organizations
d. Candidate’s willingness to serve
2. Candidate’s recognized leadership role in:
How is the Capital
Chapter leadership structured?
Board of Directors
Committee Chairs and Co-chairs
(2) Professional Directors (Planners)
(1) Supplier Director
Community Services Committee
Emerging Professionals Committee
Government Relations Committee
Professional Development Committee
Capital Chapter Leaders - Mid-Year Board Retreat 2014
Deadline to Nominate is July 31, 2014
Deadline to Apply is August 11, 2014
Forms are Available Here:
Questions about the process or service on the board?
Contact Hunter Clemens, CAE, CMP, Nominating Committee Chair, at email@example.com or Pam Valenzuela at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chapter leadership =
Fantastic networking opportunities
Chapter leadership =
A chance to have a lot of fun!
We look forward to receiving your nominations and board applications!
Chapter leadership =
Development of great relationships