Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Disney Hong Kong
Transcript of Disney Hong Kong
October 16, 1923 founded in Los Angeles
Walt & Ray founded Disney
Issues and Challenges
Launch of a Hong Kong Theme Park
About Hong Kong
Hong Kong itself has a different culture. How to make the theme park successful at a place of different culture?
E.g. Customer base at Hong Kong.
About the Theme Park
Lack of own characteristics. Nothing different from that in the United States. Need more innovation.
Geography and People
Where to build the park? How large should the scale of the park be?
E.g. Number of entertainment facilities.
There are three common languages at Hong Kong, how to make sure all people can enjoy the park?
Ocean Park at Hong Kong
A much smaller local theme park, earned a net profit of more than 10 million in 2011. Ocean park is more popular among Hong Kong residents.
Disney land at Shanghai in a few years
Open in 2016. Larger than Hong Kong Disneyland!
More customer base.
Hong Kong Disneyland
November 3 1999--Announcement
September 12 2005--Opening Ceremony
"To all who come to this happy place, welcome. Many years ago, Walt Disney introduced the world to enchanted realms of fantasy and adventure, yesterday and tomorrow, in a magical place called Disneyland. Today that spirit of imagination and discovery comes to life in Hong Kong. "
"Hong Kong Disneyland is dedicated to the young and the young at heart - with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration, and an enduring symbol of the cooperation, friendship and understanding between the people of Hong Kong and the United States of America."
—Michael D. Eisner and Donald Tsang, 12 September 2005
Operated by Hong Kong International Theme Park
57%->53% Hong Kong Government
Hong Kong's Interest
Boost the tourist visit
Enhance Hong Kong's international image
Enrich the quality of life
Provide jobs opportunities
Potential Chinese market
Mix culture of Hong Kong
Changed the orientation of the park
Costumes of Cartoon characters
Walt Disney Company
Introduction of Hong Kong Disney:
Owner of Disneyland Hong Kong
Hong Kong's interests
Issues and Challenges
1.What are the critical issues for the Disney to launchthe third offshore Disney theme park in Hong Kong?
2. Who are the principal stakeholders to launch this theme park?
3. What can the Disney learn from the corporate communication lesson in Tokyo and Paris?
4. Who should mainly manage the project in Hong Kong, the Disney itself or Hong Kong government as the local partner?
5. Which issue should the Disney try to address first?
6. How can the Disney balance its own identity or corporate culture and the local culture?
7. What actions should Irene Chan and Disney's Global Corporate Communications take to address these critical issues
A Japanese company, called Oriental Land Co., Ltd. (OLC)
International theme park in Asia, where sales of Disney movies and products were not strong
Turned out to be a great success.
Based on the U.S. model, but localized and adjusted to suit the European location.
1,000 employees left Disney employment
decrease in customers and not perform better than America or Tokyo.