Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Painful Pollution
It's Getting Worse
In developing countries 70% of industrial wastes are dumped untreated into water and it is polluting our drinking water.
Acid rain occurs when sulfure dioxide and nitrogen oxide react in the atmosphere with water, oxygen, and other chemicals to form various acid compounds.
When melted snow and rain wash into sewers, the rain and snow pick up our trash, chemicals, and diseases and it runs off into bodies of water.
How We Can Help
We can help by...
Don't dump chemicals in the sewage drain
Don't use fertilizer on your lawn.
On average 99 million pounds of fertilizer and chemicals are used each year and they all run off into bodies of water.