Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Awakening: Background Information
Transcript of The Awakening: Background Information
French Creole Culture
Regionalism & Local Color
Background Info for
Local color or regional literature is fiction and poetry that focuses on the:
There were three general groups that made up Creole society:
whites who were Creoles, Americans, and inhabitants of European origin made up the highest class;
free Blacks, emancipated slaves and their descendants made up the middle class;
slaves who were household property, were the lowest class
All Creoles, no matter what level of society they were in, including slaves, looked down on the Americans