Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Deadliest Tsunami In History
Transcript of The Deadliest Tsunami In History
Date: Sunday 26 December 2004
Time: 7:58 am local time 11:58 Sydney time
Where: Indian Ocean
What: 9.2 earthquake triggering a 20-30 meter tsunami
Countries involved: 14
Continents involved: 12
It killed more then 275,000 people in the area where it hit and more in other countries involved
With a magnitude of 9.1 and 9.3 its the second largest earthquake to strike and ever recorded in the seismograph.
It caused the entire planet to vibrate as much as 1 cm and triggered other earthquakes as far away as alaska.
A total of 14 billion was raised nation wide
Waves up to 30 meter and 100 feet high!