Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Outliers
Chapter 9 and Epilogue
By: Maddie, Olivia, And Makenna B-2
The author's purpose was to show the world outliers weren't always so amazing, that they weren't born that way. It was their opportunities that made them so great.
The world thinks outliers just come out of nowhere. That's the wrong idea. Outliers are made by opportunities, family, surroundings, and little things like birth dates. The world needs to realize this, and realize anyone can become an outlier.
"We are so caught up in the myths of the best and brightest and the self made that we think outliers spring naturally from the earth."
"It is not the brightest who succeed."
Quote # 4
"To build a better world we need to replace the patchwork of lucky breaks and arbitrary advantages that today determine success-the fortunate birth dates and the happy accidents of history- with a society that provides opportunities for all."
Outliers aren't born. They're created by the people around them and their opportunities.
"The outlier, in the end, is not an outlier at all."