Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Managing the chaos
Transcript of Managing the chaos
Dude, you overwrote my code
Git can be simple
With many thanks to
Master + Develop
git branch develop
git push -u origin develop
git checkout -b feature/PROJ-01-payments
git checkout develop
git checkout -
git merge -
git checkout -b release/v0.1.0 develop
git checkout -b hotfix/PROJ-6 master
git checkout master
git merge hotfix/PROJ-6
Much more on:
All you need is:
vagrant ssh -c "/env/bin/python /vagrant/src/manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8000
The magic of
If you do it manually for the second time, it should be the last one
ansible-playbook -i dev develop.yml
or in term of vagrant
Let's check, what you've learned
with this little quiz.
1. How should you create feature branches?
A. git checkout -b feature/<feature-name> from master branch
B. git checkout -b feature/<feature-name> from develop branch
C. git checkout -b feature/<feature-name> from any release branch
D. sudo make feature branch
2. How to build our latest changes (for example install new requirement) on vagrant environment?
A. vagrant up
B. vagrant provision
C. vagrant reload
D. try turning it off and on again
3. How do you declare a variable in ansible?
A. what = love
B. what: love
C. what := love
D. what is love
4. How did you like this presentation?
A. I liked it and I would start using gitflow, vagrant and ansible in real life.
B. It was perfect - I would start using gitflow, vagrant and ansible in real life.
C. It was fantastic I would start using gitflow, vagrant and ansible in real life.
D. I was very poor, but nevertheless I would start using gitflow, vagrant and ansible in real life.
git flow feature start PROJ-01-payments
git flow init
git flow release start v0.1.0
git flow hotfix start VERSION
pip, git, PostgreSQL, Django, apt, npm...
Overall 575 official modules.
And a whole galaxy to explore.