Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of The Endocrine
The main function of the Endocrine System is to secrete hormones into the bloodstream. Hormones are chemical substances that affect the activity of another part of the body. Basically they are the messengers controlling and coordinating the activities throughout the body.
When hormone levels reach a certain normal amount, the endocrine system helps the body to keep that level of hormone in the blood. For example, if the thyroid gland has secreted the right amount of thyroid hormones into the blood, the pituitary gland senses the normal levels of thyroid hormone in the bloodstream.
The major glands of the endocrine system are the
reproductive organs (ovaries and testes)
The pancreas is also a part of this system it has a role in hormone production as well as in digestion
By: Athena Mwema and Alexis Diaz