Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do colored candles burn faster than white candles? Why or wh
Transcript of Do colored candles burn faster than white candles? Why or wh
Malak Ahmed Fahmy
If a colored candle and a white candle are burned at the same time for an hour, then the colored candle will burn faster, because it has more chemicals than the white candle.
White candles look "pure because of chemicals put in them.
Colored candles have almost 30% more chemicals than white candles.
1. Fire source
5. 3 white, 3 different colored
candles, all the same brand
1. Mark all candles at the same point with Sharpie. (measure with ruler)
2. Make sure wicks are same size
3. Put candles in candles holders and light them at the same time
4. Blow out both candles at the same time when they reach the marked line.
5. Measure, compare, and record data once candles are dry.
This table shows that the green candle burned the fastest and the white one burned the slowest. In this experiment, the candles were burned at the same time. This experiment was conducted three time for accuracy. The white candle averaged at 2.1 inches per hour, the green at 3.1 inches per hour and the tan candle at 2.7 inches per hour.
In the end, colored candles and white candles both have chemicals used to dye them but colored candles have much more. This makes the colored candles burn faster than the white ones.
A candles burning rate
Color of candle Inches burned per hour
Trial 1 Trial 2 Trial 3 average
White 2in 2.2in 2.1in 2.1in
Green 3in 3.2in 3.1in 3.1in
Tan 2.7in 2.8in 2.7in 2.7in
procedure in photos
We chose the topic "Do White Candles Burn Faster than Colored Candles" because when we put our birthday candles on our birthday cake the white candles tend to burn faster than the colored candles. We wanted to know if this is what always happens and how does it
The Ingredients that White Candles
and Colored Candles Have
The ingredients that can be used to make a candles are:
Paraffin wax is the most popular wax in candle making. It also melts easily colored or scented. The chemicals emit when this wax is melting.
Soy wax is becoming increasingly popular as it is easy to use, made from soybeans and cleans up pretty easily.
It is eco-friendly and renewable. Soy wax is also known to burn more slowly than most other waxes.
Beeswax is all natural and has air purifying qualities to it; however, it doesn’t retain scent or coloring that well.
Essential oils will generally work with beeswax but keep in mind that beeswax has its own lovely scent.
You can also use old candles that have been burned down or are half-used and warped.
Using old candles is a great way to recycle wax. Simply melt them just as you would melt other wax.