Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Ampere's Law
We can solve from the Biot-Savart law that the magentic field of an infinite wire is
Consider a wire coming out of the board, and the B field by the RHR looks like the following:
Using a line integral we get that:
This then is Ampere's Law, very similar to Gauss's Law.
Consider 7 wires of current, if the value of B on the line integral is 1.5 X 10 Tm, what is the unknown current?
A coaxial cable has currents 3 A and 5 A, on the outer and inner conductors with directions shown. What is the magnetic field outside the cable at a distance of 5 cm from the center?