Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of 10 11/15
What is a revolution?
A forcible overthrow of government or social order in favor of a new system
The Young Lords
Wednesday, November 18th
History of the Young Lords
Annotate the text- what is the main idea?
Who are the Young Lords and what was their purpose?
Are the Young Lords more of a gang or a political organization?
Gangs vs. Politics
Quietly go to the back of the room and get your independent reading book
Take out your book log
Begin reading silently and independently
stop and jot
How would you characterize a gang? What is their purpose or goal?
How would you characterize a political organization? What is their goal?
Was the Young Lords' revolution the workings of a gang or a political organization?
Use evidence from the text
What can you add to your character chart?