Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Bullying
PA School Code defines bullying as an intentional electronic, written, verbal or physical act or series of acts that are:
1. Directed at another student
2. Occur in a school setting
3. Severe, persistent, or pervasive
4 Substantially interfere with a student's eduction, create a threatening environment, or disrupt the orderly operation of the school.
- Bell Ringer
- United we Stand
Activity: Bullying Or Conflict?
With your partner, read the scenario that's been shared with you. Discuss what is happening and evaluate using the R-I-P definition of bullying behavior.
Be prepared to share the scenario as well as your analysis.
By the end of our time together, you will be able to...
1. Define the term bullying.
2. Identify bullying behavior.
3. Differentiate between bullying behavior
4. Examine new research on bullying prevention programs.
5. Participate in a unity building activity.
With your partner,
write what you believe
to be the BEST definition
for the term BULLYING
What does that even mean?
Bullying occurs when these 3 characteristics are present...
- Repeated -> Harmful actions, whether physical, verbal, or
relational, are repeated over time.
- Imbalance of Power -> The person at the receiving end of the harmful actions has a difficult time or perceives he/she would have a difficult time defending him/herself.
- Purposeful Intent to Harm -> Harm can include hitting, pushing, name-calling, making fun, gossiping, excluding, rumors, etc...
Preview of the December Unity Day Activity :)
For closure, discuss the following:
1. What is one piece of information on bullying that was clarified for you today?
2. As a follow up to the Unity Day Activity, what is one general statement you can say about "working united"?