Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Alfred L. Cralle by Lissy Fitting
Transcript of Alfred L. Cralle by Lissy Fitting
Humans today still use the same design for the first ice cream scoop.
first ice cream scoop design
Born on September 4, 1866-Died May 3, 1920
Grew up in Virginia. Worked with his dad in the carpenter trade when he was a young man and he then got interested in mechanics.
The reason Alfred invented the ice cream scoop is because ice cream was very popular and it was hard to take out of the container. So he thought having a special spoon would make it easier. This is what he will be known for. He unfortunately is not celebrated but if he was, it would be on May 3rd, because that is the day of his death.
This is Alfred with the design for the ice cream scoop
The first ice cream scoop
During this time African American men faced many obstacles.They were judged simply by the color of their skin. They were never given the same opportunities that white men had. So when any african american person was successful it had a huge impact in the world.