Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The effectiveness of Aloe Vera Gel and Lemon Extrat as
Transcript of The effectiveness of Aloe Vera Gel and Lemon Extrat as
Nowadays, several products that can help treat pimples are already available to the public. But several people hesitate to use them due to their expensiveness, that’s why the researchers think of a way on how to help those people avail of products that are less expensive but are also effective. The availability of this product is made possible through the conduct of this research using two common herbal plants: the Aloe Vera and Lemon that are available in our community.
A solution that can remove or lessen pimples was created using Aloe Vera gel and Lemon extract after conducting an experiment. It was then applied on the affected areas of the chosen respondent, in the morning and evening for about 20 minutes and it will be washed with clean water.
Findings of the study shows that Aloe Vera gel and Lemon extract are both effective in treating pimples, and they are even more effective when mixed together. The hypotheses were also proven to be true. Therefore, it was concluded that Aloe Vera gel and Lemon extract are effective for treating pimples
This study aimed to determine the effectiveness of Aloe Vera gel and Lemon extract in treating pimples and it specifically sought answers to the following questions:
1.Is Aloe Vera gel effective to cure or lessen pimples?
2.Is Lemon juice effective to cure or lessen pimples?
3.Is the combination of Aloe Vera gel and Lemon extract effective in treating pimples?
1. Aloe Vera gel is effective to cure and lessen pimples.
2. Lemon juice is effective to cure and lessen pimples.
3. The combination of Aloe Vera gel and Lemon juice is very effective in removing and curing pimples
The researchers believe that this study would be beneficial to all people who are suffering from pimples because through this research they will be able to know how to treat pimples/acne without using those commercial products. This study will help individuals to save money. Since the plants that was used for treating could only be found in their community.
SCOPE AND LIMITATION
This research is focused only on the use of Aloe Vera gel and Lemon Extract in treating pimples. The research materials are only Aloe Vera and Lemon. This research is limited for the treating of pimples or acne and will be for external use only.
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
The article entitled “Aloe Vera: a short review” written by Amar Surjushe, Resham Vasani, DG Saple (2008) states that, Aloe Vera is a natural product that is now a day frequently used in the field of cosmetology. Though there are various indications for its use, controlled trials are needed to determine its real efficacy. The Aloe Vera plant has been known and used for centuries for its health, beauty, medicinal and skin care properties. The name Aloe Vera derives from the Arabic word “Alloeh” meaning “shining bitter substance,” while “Vera” in Latin means “true.” 2000 years ago, the Greek scientists regarded Aloe Vera as the universal panacea. The Egyptians called Aloe “the plant of immortality.” Today, the Aloe Vera plant has been used for various purposes in dermatology. Aloe Vera has been used for medicinal purposes in several cultures for millennia: Greece, Egypt, India, Mexico, Japan and China.1 Egyptian queens Nefertiti and Cleopatra used it as part of their regular beauty regimes. Alexander the Great, and Christopher Columbus used it to treat soldiers’ wounds. The first reference to Aloe Vera in English was a translation by John Good yew in A.D. 1655 of Dioscorides’ Medical treatise De Materia Medica.2 By the early 1800s, Aloe vera was in use as a laxative in the United States, but in the mid-1930s, a turning point occurred when it was successfully used to treat chronic and severe radiation dermatitis. The plant has triangular, fleshy leaves with serrated edges, yellow tubular flowers and fruits that contain numerous seeds. Each leaf is composed of three layers: 1) an inner clear gel that contains 99% water and rest is made of glucomannans, amino acids, lipids, sterols and vitamins.
2) The middle layer of latex which is the bitter yellow sap and contains anthraquinones and glycosides. 3) The outer thick layer of 15–20 cells called as rind which has protective function and synthesizes carbohydrates and proteins. Inside the rind are vascular bundles responsible for transportation of substances such as water (xylem) and starch (phloem).3Using pure Aloe Vera Gel for acne (and for skin care in general) the way we describe below, in our Advanced Acne Treatment plan is an elixir to your skin – because it works together with the other recommended acne fighting ingredients to blast away acne and help make your skin clear and acne resistant. So – pay attention to this lesson – Aloe Vera can be a wonder-substance for your acne and skin care – or it can be a nightmare.
As stated in the article entitled “Using Lemon juice to help pimples” by SJ Stratford, Lemon juice helps pimples disappear effectively. It can also be used alone or in combination with other ingredients directly on the skin. It is considered to be an effective cure for pimples because of its healing properties and the vitamins it contains. Lemon juice is a citric acid and very rich in vitamin C, which has many benefits for all skin types. The citric acid acts to exfoliate the skin, an important step in treating acne. It's also an astringent, thus drying the blemish itself. Lemon juice is also a natural skin whitener, so it can act to reduce a pimple's redness. A bit of lemon is also good for applying to fresh acne scars, both for the exfoliation that speeds up the healing and for temporary bleaching to improve the look of the skin.
This chapter presents the methods and the materials used by the researchers in gathering the data needed.
Aloe Vera Gel ( 10 ml )
Lemon Juice ( 5 ml )
1. Wash the Aloe Vera stalk and the lemon to be used in the experiment.
2. Cut the leaf of both side of the Aloe Vera with a knife to remove the thorns.
Slice through the center of the stalk to separate it into two parts.
3. Use a spoon to scrape out the aloe gel from each piece and put it in a bowl.
4. Using a spoon squeeze the gel until it is liquefied. Then measure 10 ml Aloe Vera extract to be mixed later with 5 ml lemon juice.
5. Prepare the 5 ml lemon juice needed for mixing.
6. Mix the two ingredients: 10 ml Aloe versa extract and 5 ml lemon juice and stir it very well.
7. Put the solution in a clean bottle or container.
8. Apply the solution to the affected areas in the morning and in the evening for about 20 minutes and wash it with clean water within one week to see the results.
RESULTS AND DISCUSSION
The Effectiveness of Aloe Vera Gel and Lemon Extract in Treating Pimples
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
As shown in the table, when the solution was first applied there was no effect observed since it was the first day of application. On day two, the size of the pimples of the respondent started to lessen. And on day three, lessening of the size of the pimple continue. At day four, big pimples pus vanished. While, little pimples start to disappear at day six. And finally at day 7, the pimple was totally treated.
The researchers would like to recommend this study about the Aloe Vera and Lemon as pimple remover and can cure also pimples/acne and accurate procedure and measures will be used.
The researchers therefore conclude that the Aloe Vera and Lemon fruit are effective in curing or removing pimples/acne in our skin, according to the experimentation that the researchers made.
A. Preparation of the Materials
Washing of the materials
B. Preparation of the Aloe Vera
Cutting the edge of the Aloe Vera stalk
Scraping the Aloe Vera gel
Squeeze the gel for it to liquefy
10 ml Aloe Vera Extract
C. Preparation of the Lemon
Slicing the lemon into half
Squeeze the lemon to get its juice
Measure 5 ml of Lemon juice
D. Combining of the Aloe Vera Extract
and Lemon Juice
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PROBLEM
Nowadays, people from all walks of life are facing one common problem, which is skin disease. Our skin is the most important organs of our body. It serves as protection against infection by germs and shields delicate underlying tissue against injury. The condition of the skin affects a person’s physical and emotional health. Even though our skin serves as our protection it is still subject to a large number of disorders, most of which are not serious even though they may be temporarily uncomfortable. These skin diseases may be caused by one or another type of allergy; by excessive heat or cold; or by infection from fungi, bacteria, viruses, or parasites. Many skin ailments are caused or aggravated by emotional disturbances.
One of the common skin problems we are facing today is pimples or acne. More than 80 percent of all teenagers are suffering from the said skin problem. It is also fairly common among women and men in their twenties. Acne is a condition in which the skin of the face, and often of the neck, shoulders, chest, and back, is covered to a greater or lesser extent with pimples, blackheads, whiteheads and boils. (The New Complete Medical and Health Encyclopedia, 1992).
Pimples are small skin lesions or inflammations of the skin - they are sebaceous glands (oil glands) which are infected with bacteria, swell up, and then fill up with pus. (Medical News Today, 2015).Pimples are due to over activity of the oil glands located at the base of the hair follicles, especially on the face, back, chest, and shoulders. This type of skin disease is curable. There are a lot of lotions and medicines on the market to treat pimples but it take time. Many natural methods are effective in treating pimples within a very short time period. (Top 10 Home Remedies, 2014).
The researchers opted to do a research on some plants that can cure or remove pimples. Aloe Vera and lemon were the two plants chosen because of their healing properties. Aloe Vera is one out of many herbs or plants that offer multiple benefits. Among other things, this plant is renowned for its excellent skin-soothing and healing properties. It's especially useful for burns, sunburns, irritation, allergies and even acne. This humble plant where found in many people's backyards or flowerpots that can be easily processed to create a simple yet effective facial mask to treat acne and soothe inflammation that causes redness. While, Lemon extract contains L- ascorbic acid, a natural astringent which dries out the acne, as well as antibacterial compounds that fight acne- producing bacteria. The combination of these two plants is perfect and can lessen or even treat pimples or acne without using any expensive commercial products
1. Aloe Vera - is one of the many herbs or plants that offer multiple benefits. It can help improve blood circulation and digestion, and it's great for detoxification. It's especially useful for burns, sunburns, irritation, allergies and even acne.
2. Extract - is a substance made by extracting a part of a raw material.
3. Hair follicles – A hair follicle is a part of the skin, which grows a hair by packing old cells together.
4. Inflammation- A localized physical condition in which part of the body becomes reddened, swollen, hot, and often painful, especially as a reaction to injury or infection.
5. Lemon - is a species of small evergreen tree native to Asia.
6. Pimples –- Pimple is an inflamed area of the skin with pus formation that results from an oil gland being infected with bacteria
7. Pus- the yellowish or greenish fluid that forms at sites of infection, consisting of dead white blood cells, dead tissue, bacteria, and blood serum.
8. Sebum- an oily secretion of the sebaceous glands.
DEFINITION OF TERMS