Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
AP World Theme 5 Review
Transcript of AP World Theme 5 Review
- During the Renaissance men ruled over everything, even through half a century of Queens. Men were educated and held jobs.
- Women stayed at home and cleaned the house or cared for the children. Gender Roles and Relations: Economic and social classes: In period 6 social and economic classes were different from other time periods because in many areas of the world you were not treated differently for having more or less money or being of a different religion. Family and Kinship:
- The average couple had about 6 to 12 children, though most didn't live past the age of one. Racial and Ethnic Constructions:
- In 1218, Jews in England were forced by law to wear badges on their chests, to set them apart from the rest of the English citizens. Social and Economic Classes:
- Feudalism in Europe was a system for structuring society around relationships derived from the holding of land in exchange for service or labor.
- Serfdom is the status of peasants under feudalism, specifically relating to manorialism (developed in the High Middle Ages).
- Renaissance Social Structure:
a) The popolo grasso (or "fat people") were the elites and comprised no more than 5% of the population.
b) The neediorri were considered to be the middle class (merchants and artisans).
c) The popolo minuto (or "little people") made up the bulk of the urban population.
- Commercial wealth made social mobility possible to a degree. Family and Kinship: Racial and Ethnic Constructions: Social and economic classes: Throughout this time period, men and women were thought to have equal but different tasks in society. These tasks for men would be taking care of the family like agriculture labor to provide them with food. Compared to the women, which "processed" the foods the men grew by cooking them. These gender roles were enforced by cultural tradition like the culture's religion. This included teachings of the children, teaching the boys hunting skills, farming, and other labor baring chores, while girls were taught some fundamentals of living like preparing food and sometimes taught the religion. Families usually had numerous amounts of children because the success in births were very low and the life expectancy was around 20 years. Usually people in the same kinship as an original ruler or leader of their land would have majority and inheritance of power on the land and people that they occupy. Racial and ethnic constructions: In between the 1900's and now many advances in racial and ethnic constructions have changed through many things so as the civil rights movement in the 1960's and the new laws so people aren't discriminated against. Gender Roles and Relations- For groups that migrated, there were racial inequalities for people that were not the same race and color as the dominant race that was input onto the land. This was placed in the inhabitant zones by just recognition by the people living there because there wasn't really a form of distribution other then writing signs from the earliest writing form but this wasn't done because the different races couldn't read it. Work that was a specialty like black smithing or carpenting was often performed by men and passed on unto there children and thats how family names came about. Women often took on in home jobs such as cooking and cleaning and home duties, even in some countries women could take on military jobs. Family and Kinship- Gender roles and relations: Gender roles changed a lot with the women's right movement in the 1920's. For the relations the main change was that women would now have a larger role in family decisions. In almost every land that people occupied either of same or different relationships, there was a presence of nobility from elites that might be very "useful" to the people of the land or maybe a founder. This nobility is passed down throughout the family
and the rules and laws of the village or land would be made by this person,
usually a male. The Bantu People Governed them selves under one supreme male authority leader who ruled the council. Social and Economic Classes- Empires and City states include Mali, and Kongo. The ruling elites almost as a caste sytem in which the more religious peopel had more power. Noblemen, Supremes etc... Racial and Ethnics- Races like Bantu,Swahili etc.. Family and kinship: The U.S. Supreme Court decided Meyer vs Nebraska, (1923) and Pierce vs Society of Sisters, (1925). In Meyer, the court held that the Constitution provided that an individual had the right to contract, to engage in any of the common occupations of life, or to acquire useful knowledge, to marry, establish a home and bring up children, to worship God according to the dictates of his own conscience. Gender Roles and Relations: Family and Kinship: Racial and Ethnic Constructions: Social and Economic Classes: Period 5 (1750-1900) Gender Roles and Relations: Family and Kinship: Racial and Ethnic Constructions: Social and Economic Classes: Continue in construction of religious holy zones such as churches and mosques. More noticeable racial and ethnic segregation especially towards blacks in most places of the world. Most of the rest of the world abolishes slavery within this period. The middle class is created during this time because the largest portion of society works in the newly urbanized areas creating a new social class system, based off wealth. The Atlantic slave trade led to thousands upon thousands of African slaves being distributed across the Americas. Indentured servitude was carried out mainly in North America. Families in this period didn't change much from previous periods because females did not receive a stronger roles in family and neither did children so nothing changed much. Celia Arthur, Rhett Biehahn, Gregory Bosworth and Colin Yang Gender roles began to change during this time because women's right began to come about, while nothing really happened for women's right's during this period the thoughts were there and then put more into place in the next. Women in almost every country were not treated equally even though the "laws" are said to have women and men equal. In some countries, women were even treated worse then animals. They were basically servants Early forms of imperialism in many countries such as China and Europe. There are still reigning kings throughout Europe but rise of emperors in China and East Asia.
There was also more of a difference in the
upper classes vs the middle and lower
classes like inequalities. During this time period, many abolitionist movements take place around the world and some nations even abolish slavery within this period. Colin, Greg, Celia and Rhett are the realest kids out there. we livin the ambitious life.
-Obama Royal bloodline flows throughout the country and times of rule. Sons of emperors will rule in China while in Europe, different countries have different royal bloodlines, allowing their descendents to become of royalty.