Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Come to colonial Maryland
Transcript of Come to colonial Maryland
Maryland is in the Northeast part of the United States as shown.
Founder of Maryland
George Calvert was founder of Maryland and it was founded in 1633.
Where is Maryland?
The colony of Maryland is part of the Southern colonies.
Economy of colonial Maryland
Maryland concentrated on agriculture and developed the plantations exporting tobacco, cotton, corn, vegetables, grain, fruit and livestock economy.
The colony Maryland is not dominated by a specific religion. Which gave way to religious freedom for Baptists. Baptists believed in one god to be more specific they believed in Jesus Christ and god the father and god the holy spirit.
Come to Colonial Maryland
Interesting and Unique Things about Maryland
1. King William's School opened in 1696. It was the first school in the United States and it was in Maryland.
2. Maryland has been called "America in Miniature" because so much is packed into its 9,837 square miles of land and water. You can find just about any kind of natural feature here, except a desert.
Interesting and unique things about Maryland (continued)
Why should you come to Maryland?
1. Maryland has beaches, mountains, countryside and a lot more!
It is usually nice in Maryland in the Summer its warm outside and you can play outside and enjoy the weather.
Geography: Maryland has lots of mountains and they have coastal plains. Maryland is about 250 miles long and 90 miles wide with about 9,837 square miles of land area.