Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Historical Basis for "The Crucible"
Transcript of The Historical Basis for "The Crucible"
Senator Joseph McCarthy and McCarthyism
The Salem Witch Trials
A witch craze swept the small Puritan community of Salem Village, Massachusetts in 1692. The Puritan way of life was very strict, and even small differences in behavior could make people suspicious. Religious leaders instilled a fear of the devil and preached that those who did not conform to the Puritan way of life would be used by the devil to carry out his wishes.